- Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe is a process that users often see on the system when accessing Task Manager. So what does Windows Logon Application do in Windows, let’s find out!
- Importance of Windows Logon Application in the System
- Should this process be disabled?
- Windows Logon Application can be in the view of hackers
Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe is a process that users often see on the system when accessing Task Manager. So what does Windows Logon Application do in Windows, let’s find out!
Importance of Windows Logon Application in the System
Windows Logon Application is an important and always-running process in Windows systems. Even without this process, many important Windows tasks will not work.
- Winlogon.exe performs a number of important tasks related to the Windows logon process. For example, winlogon.exe will act as your load profile in the registry, allowing the program to use the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key when you log on to the computer.
- Winlogon.exe controls the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys, ensuring that all user actions are secure, without any password being tracked at login.
- Winlogon.exe controls the user’s mouse and keyboard operations.
- Winlogon.exe plays the role of computer lock and wakes up the screen after a period of inactivity.
Should this process be disabled?
Winlogon.exe is an important component of the system so if this process is disabled or stopped, it will result in inconvenience.
If the user thinks that shutting down the process will improve performance, it is mistaken because winlogon.exe only takes up very little system resources.
When the user tries to shutdown the process in Task Manager, a warning will appear: “This will cause Windows to become unusable or shut down“.
If it continues, the user will get a black screen and can not turn on the interface using Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
To solve the only way is to restart the computer. The Winlogon.exe process will always be restarted every time the computer is turned on. If this does not happen, the “blue screen of death” with error code 0xC000021A will appear.
Windows Logon Application can be in the view of hackers
A sign that helps identify potential hackers is to use winlogon.exe to perform certain actions that interfere with your computer system. This is a process that dramatically consumes CPU and system resources. weirdo. Then, use antivirus software, malicious code to hunt for “suspect” and handle in time.