Disabling Lock Screen Windows 10 is entirely possible if you are currently using the Creators Update or any of the newer versions.
Lock Screen Windows 10 brings quite a lot of ideas. Some do not mind, even fun to see animated wallpapers with notification notifications and time. Others feel that it’s a waste of time when you have to manipulate anything on your PC just to enter the login screen.
How to turn off Windows 7 Home Screen Lock
For Home, you will have to work with Registry Edit. As with all operations on this tool, the ability of the operating system to fail if the wrong step is high. So, as a precaution, remember to back up your Windows 10 PC .
- Right-click the Windows icon.
- Select Search.
- Type regedit and enter on your keyboard.
- Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Double-click SOFTWARE .
- Double-click Policies.
- Double-click Microsoft.
- Right-click on Windows.
- Click New .
- Click Key.
- Type Personalization and Enter on your keyboard.
- Click on the Personalization file you just created.
- Click New .
- DWORD (32-bit) Value is the next destination.
- Type NoLockScreen and Enter .
- Select the NoLockScreen file you just created.
- Type 1 in the Value data window and OK.
- In order to be able to re-enable the Windows 7 Lock Screen, you just need to change the DWORD value from 1 to 0.
How to turn off Lock Screen Windows 10 Pro
If you are a user of the Pro version (including Enterprise and Education), Group Policy is the tool used to disable the Windows 10 Lock Screen.
- Click Start and select Search to search.
- Type gpedit and Enter.
- Double click on Administrative Templates .
- Double click on Control Panel.
- Click Personalization .
- Double click Do not display lock screen.
- Click Enabled .
- Apply and OK is all done.