Error This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine is one of the most common errors on the Windows operating system. This error usually occurs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10. When the error occurs, your computer screen will turn black although you can still use the computer. often.
- Why does Windows crash on a black screen after a while?
- 1. Fix “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” error on Windows operating system
- 2. For Windows expired trial
- 3. Use black screen correction software
Why does Windows crash on a black screen after a while?
Cause Windows error or black screen may be due to:
- Windows is a non-free software, Microsoft only allows us to try for a certain time (30 or 90 days depending on the Windows version).
- This black screen phenomenon is due to Windows expiration trial, and we have to activate or buy the license to add time to use.
- Or because users use crack files, key … rampant on the network without knowing it is the product of hackers, most likely their computer is infected with malware, fake software …
So how to overcome this error? Please refer to the article below.
1. Fix “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” error on Windows operating system
1.1. Fix “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” error with Command prompt
The simplest way to fix “This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine” error is to use the Command Prompt. This way you can apply on all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
First enter cmd.exe into the Search box on the Start Menu, then right-click cmd.exe and select Run as administrator to open the command prompt under Admin.
On the Command Prompt window, enter SLMGR_REARM.
Also, if the SLMGR_REARM command is not running, you can use one of the following two commands:
SLMGR -REARM or SLMGR /REARM.
At this point on the screen will appear message window: “Command completed successfully. Please restart the system for the changes to take effect.”
Your task is to restart the computer and check whether Windows is not genuine error appears again or not.
1.2. Prevent Windows from stopping “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine”
In some cases “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine” error appears on your computer. To prevent this error from appearing on the screen, follow these steps:
First go to Control Panel and then select Windows Update.
Next on the Windows Update interface, select the Never Check for Updates option (Not Recommended) from the dropdown menu and click OK.
From now on your computer will not appear error This copy of Windows is not genuine anymore.
Note, however, that you will not be able to update to the latest version of Windows.
2. For Windows expired trial
To test, you look at the right corner of the screen, will see Windows display the message as shown below:
Or select My Computer> Properties> and look down to the bottom:
If your computer has not activated the trial, then click on the link Active Windows now, the system will automatically go to Microsoft’s trial license confirmation (with the condition that the computer must have a connection. Internet):
Select Next Active Windows online now. Completed!
The official release of Microsoft’s Windows 7 Enterprise is a 90-day trial, with other versions only 30 days
You just need to reboot and your Windows will use 90 more days!
3. Use black screen correction software
Another way to get rid of these messages (useful for those who do not have Internet access) is to use software that supports WGA Remover.
Very simple, just hit the Disable WGA button as shown, then restart the computer.