- When no port is available on the router, Wifi can not be connected. In this case you can use the Network Bridge on Windows 10 to join other computers into the network connection.
- 1. Some note before you start
- 2. How to create Network Bridge on Windows 10?
- 3. How to regain Internet access after setting up Bridge?
- 4. Add one or more network adapters to your Network Bridge.
- 5. Delete the Bridge setting from the computer
When no port is available on the router, Wifi can not be connected. In this case you can use the Network Bridge on Windows 10 to join other computers into the network connection.
Network Bridge is a feature that is integrated for a long time on Windows. Bridge allows you to connect two or more network segments to allow devices to connect to the network in case they can not be connected directly to the router or switch.
1. Some note before you start
Before you start setting up a bridge connection on Windows 10, you need at least two network adapters. One to use an Internet connection and one to connect to another computer.
Also when setting up Bridge Connection on Windows 10 (or on previous Windows versions), the main network adapter on the server will lose its Internet connection.
To regain access to the Internet, you must manually set a static IP address (Static IP address).
The first thing you need to do is save the current IP address information of the DHCP server on the local network (Local Netwrok).
To view current IP address information, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows + X key combination to open the Power User Menu and select Command Prompt.
Enter the following command into the Command Prompt window and press enter:
Note the configuration of the IP address that the Network Adapter connects to the Internet.
Note some information such as IPV4, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server addresses.
2. How to create Network Bridge on Windows 10?
1. Press Windows + X to open the Power User Menu, then select Network Connections.
2. Select both the network adapter connected to the Internet and the network adapter you want to use to connect to the bridge.
Right-click and select Bridge Connections.
At this time, the devices connected on the Bridge port can access the network and the Internet by the IP address of the router. However Bridge does not have access to the Internet unless it has a network adapter or a static IP address.
3. How to regain Internet access after setting up Bridge?
To access the Internet connection from the server, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + X to open the Power User Menu and select Network Connections.
Right-click the Adapter Bridge and select Properties.
3. Select the network adapter connected to the Internet.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) .
5. Choose Properties.
6. Select the Use the following IP address option .
7. Use the IP address information you noted in the instructions above to assign a static IP address.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close to finish.
4. Add one or more network adapters to your Network Bridge.
Right-click on the network adapter and select Add to Bridge.
2. Connect a game controller or another computer, the device will automatically set up the network from the Local Router.
5. Delete the Bridge setting from the computer
If you do not need to use a Bridge connection, you can either select 1 or select all network adapters and select Remove from Bridge.
At this point you can see that Adapter Adapter no longer appears on Network Connections. If the Adapter Bridge is still present, just restart your computer.
The final step is to delete the static IP address settings.
Right-click on the network adapter, then select Properties.
2. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
3. Select Properties.
4. Select the option Obtain an IP address automatically.
5. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Close to complete the process.