Imagine this situation: For a while you’ve been using wireless connectivity at home on a Windows 10 PC and recently you’ve bought a new tablet or smartphone and need to connect to a wifi network. yours. Unfortunately, you can not remember what your password is.
The example above illustrates one of the most common scenarios: people forget their wifi passwords. It’s understandable, because once the PC connects automatically, things are pretty much set up, and when the weeks, months or even years pass without ever changing or reconnecting with the wifi password It is possible that the user will forget the password and often have to reset the wifi transmitter to reset the password from the manufacturer.
If you are facing such a situation, do not panic. Fortunately, there are a few tricks that will help you see the wifi pass on a Win 10 computer and you want to see it or go to reset the transmitter ???
There are ways to find the wifi password on windows 10
There are two main ways you can achieve this. We will look at each specific method, depending on the circumstances that you can use.
Option 1: Recover Windows 10 wifi password from network settings.
To recover the wifi password you installed, follow these steps.
- Hover and right-click on the Wi-Fi icon in the bottom left corner of the Windows 10 taskbar and click on ‘Open Network and Internet Settings‘.
- In ‘ Change your network settings ‘, click ‘ Change Adapter Options ‘.
Similarly, you can access the ‘ Change Adapter options ‘ option by clicking the ‘ Start ‘ button , selecting the ‘ Settings ‘ option and finally clicking the ‘ Network and Internet ‘ option. In the box to the right of ‘change your network settings’, look for the ‘Change Adapter options’ option.
- In the next window, find your WiFi network card and right click on it. Select ‘ Status ‘.
- In the Wi-Fi status window that appears, click the ‘ Wireless Properties ‘ button.
- Click the ‘ Security ‘ tab in the popup window that appears and select the ‘ Show characters ‘ checkbox.And how 😀 encrypted passwords will be displayed in plain text in the ‘ Network Security Key ‘ text field.
Option 2: View wifi win 10 password using Command Prompt
For tech savvy users, the command prompt utility will help us quickly see the wifi password with a few basic commands.
- Enter Command Prompt in the Cortana search bar. Right-click on the result and select ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- To display the list of recently connected Wi-Fi connections, run: netsh wlan show profile.
Under User Profiles, you will find a list of all recently used Wi-Fi networks.
- To display the password of one of the networks, run: netsh wlan show profile “Wi-FI name” key = clear.
Replace “Wi-FI name” with the name of the wifi network you want to display. In the example below, I will display the password of the ‘Valley Office’ Wi-Fi network using the command: netsh wlan show profile “Valley Office” key = clear
Scroll down to the Key Content in ‘ Security Settings ‘.
Unencrypted passwords are displayed in text characters. Your job is to use this password to connect to a wifi network and enjoy the benefits that the internet brings.