- Google is an internet company that offers more than just one search engine. You can send messages using Gmail, use Google Maps to navigate, use blogs to keep your digital logs, and more. You need a Google Account for all of these services. Create one such account once, and you can sign in to all Google services from now on.
- Step 1: Register Gmail account
- Step 2: Fill in the list
- Step 3: Verify your account
- Step 4: Get started
Step 1: Register Gmail account
- Visit the Google site to create an account.
- You will see an extensive questionnaire that you must complete. We go through them in two parts. Enter the first part of the data such as your name, username, password, and date of birth.
- Click the triangle next to ‘gender’ to select for male or female.
- Enter your mobile number and leave the number 0, so there is no 0612345678, but 612345678. The completion is required to verify that you are really the owner of the account. Later in the registration process, you will receive a code via SMS or voice call.
Step 2: Fill in the list
- In the second half, you must enter an alternate email address, if there is a problem with your account.
- Below is a numeric or letter code. Enter the letters in the box below. It can sometimes go wrong because it is very poorly readable. Then you’ll see a word or some other combination to type.
- The location is ‘Netherlands’. You can adjust if needed.
- Click Next Step.
Step 3: Verify your account
- Choose how you want to verify your account: via text message or voice call. If you choose a voice call, you will be called with a computer that reads the code twice. Set a dot for your selection and click Continue.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- Your account has now been created. On the next page, you can choose whether to add your Google+ profile. That can also be later. We clicked No thanks.
Step 4: Get started
- Click Start.
- Your subscription is now complete. You are signed in immediately to Google. You can see that from the bar at the top of the screen with your name in it. From now on, you can use Google services with this new account. Click on the square that consists of nine blocks next to your name.
- Click the Google service you want to use, for example, Gmail (envelope with the letter M in red).
- If you do not do anything, you will still be logged in. Click to sign out at the top of the image on your name. A list appears. Click Sign Out.