- Hibernate mode, also known as hibernation, is a useful feature on Windows operating systems. Windows users use this mode in the case when not using the laptop for a long time without wanting to close the document.
- 1. What is Hibernate mode?
- 2. Turn Hibernate on to Windows 10 using the Control Panel
- 3. Enable Hibernate using the Command Prompt command
- 4. How to disable hibernate on Windows 10
Hibernate mode, also known as hibernation, is a useful feature on Windows operating systems. Windows users use this mode in the case when not using the laptop for a long time without wanting to close the document.
Hibernate is built into Windows operating systems, from Windows Me, Windows 7, Windows 8 … to Windows 10. But by default Hibernate mode (hibernation) on Windows versions, including including Windows 10 disabled.
So how to enable (or disable) Hibernate mode on Windows 10.
1. What is Hibernate mode?
Hibernate mode is similar to Sleep mode. However, in Hibernate mode, your data will be saved to a file on your hard drive. This means that the computer will not consume electricity.
When you restart your computer from Hibernate mode, like Sleep, the operating system and applications are running and your data is quickly retrieved from your hard drive and loaded into RAM so that you can continue to work job.
2. Turn Hibernate on to Windows 10 using the Control Panel
To enable Hibernate on Windows 10 using the Control Panel, follow these steps:
Step 1: Press Windows+X > Power Options
Step 2: Click on “Additional power settings”.
Step 3: Choose “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left hand side
Step 4: Click “change settings that are currently unavailable”
Step 5: Scroll down to find Shutdown settings, select “Hibernate”
Click Save changes.
3. Enable Hibernate using the Command Prompt command
If you are looking for power settings on Windows 10, you can use cmd to turn on hibernation. Here’s how:
Step 1: Open cmd
There are several ways to open cmd on Windows 10:
- Type cmd in the search box, right-click on the command prompt in the search results, and select Run as administrator
- Press Windows + X> Command Prompt (Admin)
Step 2: Enter the powercfg/h on
4. How to disable hibernate on Windows 10
Since there are two ways to turn hibernation on, there are also two ways to turn off hibernation on Windows 10.
Option 1: Do the same as item 2, to step 4 you uncheck Hibernate, save settings
Method 2: Open the cmd in Admin mode, enter the command line: powercfg/h off
Here’s a tutorial on turning off hibernation on Windows 10. Now when you reopen the Start Menu and click the Power button, you will see an additional (or disappear) Hibernate option.