I tell you two ways to take a screenshot of your site in Microsoft Edge from the browser’s built-in tools and extensions.
I. Make a Web Note Tool:
To take a screenshot in Microsoft Edge, you can use the Make a Web Note tool available in the browser. This tool supports full screen capture or option, save to computer or OneNote, …
The simple implementation, you follow these steps.
- Step 1: You visit the website you want to take a picture.
- Step 2: Press the Make a Web Note icon in the upper right to open the note view.
- Step 3: Choose your shooting style with two options.Take a screenshot of the website:
- Click the Save Web Note button inside of the toolbar shown above.
- Capture a part of the web page: Click the Clip Tree icon. At this point, the screen will dim. You drag the cross button around the area on the screen you want to capture and then release. The selection is copied and displayed.
- Step 4: Use the tools provided by the browser to highlight the text with a Highlighter, draw a picture / write a note with a ballpoint pen, add a note Eraser, touch writing.
- Step 5: Once you get the picture, press Save Web Note to save the floppy disk with options.
– OneNote: Save to OneNote application, choose Save> Finished, you click View Note to view photos in OneNote.
To extract a snapshot to your computer, right-click on the image> Save As> name and select save location> Save. Image file is in JPG format.
– Favorites: Save to favorites on your browser, name it and select Save folder> Save.
To extract the image to a computer, close the capture interface> click the triple click hub> Favorites> click the photo name in the menu. Snapshot will open in the browser, you right click> Save picture as> name, save location and save format (BMP, JPG)> Save.
– Reading list: Save to your reading list in the browser, you name it before you click Save. Extract images, you do the same as Favorites but open Reading list.
Alternatively, you can save and extract snapshots within the applications in the share list of the Share Web Note node.
II. Gyazo Extension for Edge:
This is a new addition to Microsoft Edge that captures web pages for this browser. Photos will be stored on the Gyazo website, which you can manage, download, share as multiple links, and many other features such as editing, image protection, optical character recognition, …
The utility only supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update and above. Capacity 860 KB.
Installation is complete, go to the browser> click Turn it on to enable use of the utility. Taking pictures with the utility is simple, the process is as follows:
1. How to take:
Step 1: You open the site to take a picture.
Step 2: Press the triangle button on Microsoft Edge> click the Gyazo icon to open the gadget’s capture tool.
Step 3: The capture tool will appear, choose the capture type.
– Element: Capture each element on the page, mouse over the part you want to capture will appear in the green interface and click on it.
– Free Selection: Capture images with optional areas, the mouse pointer icon will turn into a cross button. You drag this button around the area of the webpage you want to capture and then release.
– Page: Capture the part of the webpage you are viewing.
– Whole Page: Capture full screen web page. The gadget will automatically capture and scroll the page, so you do not have to do anything after clicking this shot.
Step 4: Capture, the utility will display the photo in pop-up window. You click to access images saved on Gyazo website. Also the link of the photo page is also automatically saved to the clipboard.
Step 5: In the photo viewer, you can get link share and post on the social network utility (Share) or delete this photo in the toolbar above.
To save the image, right click on the image> Save picture as> name, save location and save format> Save.
2. Photo Management:
All photos taken by the gadget are stored on the Gyazo website. If you want to manage these photos, you have to have accounts (absolutely free).
Go to https://gyazo.com/captures> click Sign up for free> enter the information requested> confirm in the registration email.
Once you have an account, you can open snapshots and create archives for them. In addition, you can use advanced features such as edit / draw, set lock password, access to the image (OCR scan) in 30 days.
When you want to use any function, you press Start your free trial now to activate the trial. If you want to extract the text in the image, tap Show OCR below the image viewer.