- Although Microsoft continues to release patches regularly to fix some of the bugs experienced by users while using their Windows PCs. However, the occurrence of errors is unavoidable. Error 0x80070057 is one of the common mistakes that users encounter.
- Cause of error 0x80070057
- 1. Error 0x80070057 during the backup process
- 2. Error 0x80070057 during installation or on Microsoft Outlook
What is the cause of the error and how to overcome this error, please refer to the article below blogtip.org.
Cause of error 0x80070057
There are two main causes for error 0x80070057.
1. Error 0x80070057 occurs when you try to back up files on Windows 7.
2. During installation of the Windows 7 operating system or System Reserved partition is faulty, you will also have to “face” the error 0x80070057.
3. The main cause of error 0x80070057 on your computer is due to Registry errors, and some other causes.
1. Error 0x80070057 during the backup process
In the process of using the default backup software on Windows, you receive the error message: “An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057)”.
To fix this, you can apply one of the solutions below:
1.1. Edit the Registry
To fix the 0x80070057 error, the first solution you can think of is to edit the Registry. Registry plays the role of “key” in Windows system configuration and control. Therefore, the network administrator recommends that you use the tool to edit the Registry for safety.
The most effective registry editing tool is Total System Care.
Steps to add a Registry value manually: Download Total System Care and install here.
Click on Start => enter Regedit.exe in the Search box and hit enter to open the Registry window.
On the Registry window, navigate to the following key:
On the Edit menu, right-click and choose New => DWORD value.
Name this value CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo.
Right-click on CopyFileBufferedSynchronousImport Modify.
In the Value data box, set the value to 1 and click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.
1.2. Change the Decimal Symbol setting
Follow the steps below to fix 0x80070057:
1. Click Start => Control Panel => Date, Time, Language and Regional Options => Region and Language.
Click the Formats tab, then click Additional settings.
3. At the Decimal symbol box, enter. (Dot), then click OK twice.
4. Finally restart your computer.
2. Error 0x80070057 during installation or on Microsoft Outlook
The second cause of the error 0x80070057 may be due to a system Reserved partition being damaged (for some reason).
To fix this you must delete the existing partition windows on the previous versions of Windows, including the System Reserved partition (usually located in the C: drive). Then proceed to format Disk to delete the Windows installation.
To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD drive and start the installation.
2. Select Custom (advanced).
Select Disk 0 partition 1 and then click Delete to clear System Reserved Space.
4. Click OK on the dialog box that appears on the screen.
Next select Disk 0 partition 2, and perform the same procedure as Disk 0 partition 1.
6. At this point you will have some unallocated space hard drive partitions, your task is to select and create a new partition.
Note: Follow the steps carefully to create a new disk, calculate the new disk size, and then click Apply.
7. At this time, a new message box appears, click OK.
Next select Disk 0 partition 2 and proceed to Format Partition again.